Like I said in a previous post, I’m planning on renovating my bathroom a bit from this:
to something like this:
From House Beautiful
From Cottage Living
I’m thinking that the main elements of the bathroom are, many from the pictures above:
- Subway tile
- Glass subway tile (like that gorgeous shower above)
- White and gray marble counter for the vanity
- Mirror along the whole wall
- Long shelf below the mirror
- Light aqua or green walls
- Wall mount sink fixture
- Tile along the bathtub
There will be a few new construction elements–namely a drop ceiling above the bath to allow for a fan and light, and a header above the sink and toilet with can lights. The floors will stay the same since they were recently redone, and I still like them a lot! Oh yeah, and I think my budget is around$2500–but I haven’t priced it all out yet.
- Where do I find a mirror that can cover my 69″ wall? Is a custom mirror going to be too expensive?
- Will all the white subway tile look dirty in a little while? How can I keep it all clean?
- Do I stay with the cute blue accent tiles on the floor or go for an accent of glass subway tiles, which I love love love!
- What to make the wall-length shelf out of?
- The design is very streamlined. Do I need to add in some texture or coziness?
So wish me luck–I’ll be sure to keep you posted on my decisions as the happen!