This year marks a couple firsts for me on the Thanksgiving front:
- My first Thanksgiving in California
- My first time hosting Thanksgiving dinner!
I decided to combine the two into a casual, comfortable, Californian Thanksgiving dinner for the theme of Thanksgiving this year (also may be the first Thanksgiving with a theme for me!).
I want to have a dinner outside with a few of my Californian friends and family, if the weather cooperates, and have some fresh California cooking (lots of avocados, perhaps).
Here’s my dinner menu so far, with my main source of Sunset Magazine:
- Chile Grilled Turkey with Mole Gravy
- Artichoke Parmesan Sourdough Stuffing
- Spinach and Persimmon Salad
- Grilled Fingerlings with Dill
- Chile-Roasted Acorn Squash
- And of course some California wine, yet to be determined…
Oooh, and here’s a complete California menu from Epicurious, featuring Barbecued Turkey with Maple-Mustard Glaze and Sourdough, Apple and Almond Dressing. Yum!
For other table ideas, I could do something like this Martha Stewart idea–these stickies are all over the place here!
Grapes mean autumn in California:
As usual, any suggestions would be helpful! What do I really need to know about hosting Thanksgiving for the first time?